Residential Apartments with Day Treatment
The Body Image Therapy Center (TBITC) in Baltimore, MD, provides residential apartment living for clients who need day treatment for their eating disorder. Clients stay in our well-appointed, fully-furnished, safe, recovery-focused community setting while attending program 8 hours a day, five days a week.
For more information call us at (877) 674-2843 or click here to contact us.
To meet the needs of clients who live in areas where services are scarce, and to help those who live close by but need a recover-focused environment to kick start their recovery, The Body Image Therapy Center has residential apartments available just a couple blocks from our Baltimore, MD, office where they attend our day treatment programs. We are housing clients in Baltimore at Nelson Kohl Apartments – https://www.nelsonkohl.com/.
For those who need near daily support to work toward their full recovery, this option is a key essential to move back toward truly independent living. Clients can practice their recovery skills independently on the weekend, and some may even choose to go home for the weekend to experiment with skills they’ve learned in treatment and apply them to their regular environment.
If clients find that they need more support than our day treatment program, we can refer to our 24/7 residential programs in Florida or Tennessee. See bottom of the page for links to those programs.
Residential apartments are ideal for:
- Adult clients stepping down from Inpatient or Residential levels of care
- Clients who need more care than outpatient therapy but don’t have other resources in their area
- Individuals who feel overwhelmed returning to work or school without significant supports
- Clients who need extra help learning to live independently to build their confidence in their recovery skills
- Patients are accepted based on medical necessity and psychological readiness for care
- Medically stable to the extent that daily medical monitoring is not required
- No danger to self or others
- Can demonstrate increasing self-sufficiency in eating/weight restoration
- Fair to good motivation to recover, including cooperativeness, insight, and ability to control or tolerate obsessive thoughts
- Can greatly reduce compulsive exercising or are ready to begin including light exercise again
- Can greatly reduce binge eating, purging, laxative and diuretic abuse in non-structured settings
- Others can provide adequate emotional and practical support and structure
Treatment Team Includes:
- Licensed masters or doctorate level clinicians
- Registered dietitian
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- We are in-network with most insurances and can often arrange single case agreements for those who do not have coverage for care with us. In most cases, you will be responsible for your deductible and co-pays.
- For detailed information on fees associated with your care in Residential Apartments, please contact our Intake Coordinator today!
Call the Body Image Therapy Center with offices in Baltimore, Maryland & Washington, DC at (877)-674-2843 today or CLICK HERE to contact our Intake Coordinator.